Monday, October 27, 2008

Tallahassee, Florida

In case you didn't already know, I live in Tallahassee, Florida. I know most people always dream of leaving home and can't wait to branch out into other places, but I love my home. It's a medium sized town. It has enough people and things to do to keep everyone busy and happy. It's not big enough to be a congested concrete jungle with too many people.

The climate here is mild and relatively warm year round. It can hit the high 90's in summer, but it's very rare to see a freeze. Just last week I was out swimming in late October. The world around me is green and beautiful. Much of Tallahassee is covered in, or at least lined with trees. Even the downtown area is decorated with plants. All year round you can see things blooming. Even in the dead of winter, you can see green all over. When spring comes, the streets are lined with blossoms and flowers of every color. Sometimes you can see entire forests or fields of white, pink, or purple.

No comments: