Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dents in a Car

Yesterday was a heck of a day. One of the things that just really set it off right was when I was pulling out of the office driveway to go to lunch. There were lots of guys doing construction next door and they all parked in our parking lot, until there was barely room for us. In all the congestion, the lawn maintenance guys backed their trailer right into my car. It left a dent a few inches long in the back door. It's not the worst in the world, but it's still there.

I was really surprised to see how honest the yard guy was. I was on my way out and would not have even looked at that side until it was too late. I wouldn't have even known there was a dent in my car or where it came from. But he waved me down and stopped me to tell me about it. When I looked at it, he offered me his business card and told me to call him about taking care of it. Now I just need to figure out what to do with it. I want to reward him for his honesty but I don't really like having a huge dent in my car. I also don't like the idea of paying for someone else's mistake. I guess I'll keep thinking about it and figure it out in time.

No comments: